Thursday, April 23, 2009

Garden Party & Photography Lessons















If you follow my blog, and remember that I posted an Invitation about this event; then you will remember I stated I was getting photography lessons from someone who attends my Cultural Art Expression- Open Mic I host each week. Owen Shapiro plays the saxophone, but kindly said we would trade 'food' opportunities for my lessons, but he will own the rights to any photos taken in his presence.

Here are the photos of food styling plates, guests, table, and other random stuff as Owen instructed me. I still have a lot to learn!



















Owen let me have a smaller DSLR Canon to roam around and take random shots of guests and the buffet table...



















I would have been happy with a plate full of this salad, and the toasted pumpkin seeds if you asked me!















While we sat and enjoyed our meal, the Princeton String Quartet played beautifully for our enjoyment!




















~~~~~~~~~~~ The Menu ~~~~~~~~~~~


Spiced Chilled Carrot Soup with Yogurt and Ginger- I added a flower petal..














Frisee and Bibb lettuce; Radishes; Spring Onions, and toasted pumpkin seeds...













Fresh Pea Hummus Crostini with Pea Tendril Garnish...Psst I added another petal...



























Grilled Asparagus with Kosher salt, extra virgin olive oil, and edible flowers!
















Grilled Kennett Square Portobello mushrooms; Sautéed dandelion greens with cannellini beans and garlic; Served with grilled flat breads, and a side of asparagus...














The table was set up with brewed green iced tea in carafes; fresh mint waiting in glasses of ice...














Blueberry honey with sprig of mint dessert was originally on the invitation, but many events have to make last minute changes due to availability of ingredients or budget changes. This was a caramel bread pudding, and hubby said it was quite good (I am not a fan).







Everyone is enjoy the beautiful day. My friend Sue is front/left, as I sat in the seat just before her and hubby at my side...






















Honestly, I think I feel more comfortable behind the stove like the chef here...



















...but I did enjoy watching, and capturing his passion as we talked...he was nice enough to re stir for a better photo...















Thank You to all of the volunteers of The Princeton Garden Project for letting us invade their garden and make them pose!














You ( Chef E ) are permitted to use the "web sized" photos for all promotional uses, such as web sites and blogs about the princeton garden project; if you have any other desired uses feel free to send me a note...

----------

Irwin "owen"