Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Forgotten Things
















'Photo and lovely recipe instructions on 'Spaetzle' by Naturelady @ Borealkitchen...'

Monday Mouthful has been moved to every other week to give you time to prepare...

Last Monday was 'aux Champignons', which refers to 'button' mushroom in french, and is used in a dish, or in a sauce or soup...

Next Monday' Mouthful choice made by Mindy @ Mindy Mouthful is 'Spaetzle', Mindy says "The next challenge is something that you can find at almost every German restaurant (and certainly at every Alsatian one)--Spaetzle. Spaetzle is a German noodle that is often served as a side dish and fried up after boiled"...

Many of you know how off the board I can be, I am planning a 'Surprise Spaetzle' post, so look out!

Jamie @ Life's A Feast latest post mentions that we get so bogged down with life and work; that we forget some challenges we have committed to, and I am guilty of that! Caitlin @ The Alchemist Chef had mentioned a 'Food Art' challenge a while back, and I keep meaning to make some funny post with my food for her, but I am still planning to participate...so here is one for her...

"Somewhere in the murky sea of stock awaits delicious eats...little necks, cherry stone, chowder clams..." Clammy does not look to happy about going into my hot pot!

This was my attempt last year at being like Greg @ Sippity Sup, and his wonderfully humorous posts and video food characters!

I read that Gordon Ramsey's 'Kitchen Nightmare' saves at least 2/3 of the restaurants he features on his show...and I also had a friend call me to let me know that he was asked permission to film his salon in White Station, NJ this week in an up coming season episode of Gordon's show being filmed at 'Flamango's' right across the street... I am heading there today to get a good look at just what is going on!

I tried to get the scoop, and gossip from my reporter friends here in Princeton, but no one is talking...maybe I can get a good photo of Gordon in action, well walking down the side walk at least, and I will report back... I was told that he really is a nice friendly guy in person!