Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Oven Baked Fried Chicken Tenders & Stuffed Zucchini







Back in the summer I wrote about market finds and 'A Purist Week'. Local farms surround me here in New Jersey, so the open air markets are great. They offer fresh vegetables, as well as grass feed and natural raised meats. A downfall though; well after the peak of fall, only a few ingredients are available. I do however have my second Bourbon Red Turkey on order for Thanksgiving thanks to Griggstown Farms here in New Jersey. Meals like this (above) will remain in my memory under great summer munchies.

I wanted to share how I used my market finds creating one last purist meal. Sure everyone is wondering where the heck is the stuffed pumpkin. Okay I admit I never made it to the 'pick your own' field, or even bought one to carve into a jack-o-lantern. Guilty. I am however joining my local CSA through Griggstown.

Combing some of my boiled peanuts along with left over Goji Berry and cocao bread rolls and zucchini (I wanted to use before they went south like over abundant summer vegetables can), I made a great side for chicken, beef, or pork. Most of the dishes had all been made with in a week, so it made since to cross them over into one last recipe. I just have not had time to post it until now.


Hollow out zucchini; enough to fill with stuffing, and coating with a small amount of oil. Take dried bread/rolls and place into the food processor along with boiled raw peanuts, onion, garlic powder, salt and pepper, zucchini pieces, and one egg; pulsate and blend well.



Bread the chicken with left over stuffing mixture after a buttermilk soak, and bake in a 350 degree oven until golden brown. Made a honey mustard or spicy curry sauce for dipping. There you have it, and I did see several other blogs offering some yummy fried goodies this week!


Find out how I made the Boiled Peanuts- I Got Raw!