Monday, June 20, 2011

Stuff It!...with Chorizo!
















I know the photo kind of bites right...well the meal from Memorial day was just plain good. But the Chorizo Stuffed Chicken recipe from Chris @ Nibble Me This was not plain anything...it was brilliant and it will be an honored tradition at all my BBQ's from now on.

Knowing my guest were not real spicy eaters as we are I found some mild chorizo at a local market known for carrying south American ingredients (great array of cheeses) off Route 27 in South Brunswick. I wrapped thighs around the sausage, and slit open the breasts, then closed them up with toothpicks once I felt the amount of chorizo was sufficient. I mixed together well chopped cilantro, lime juice, corn syrup, brown sugar, salt/lemon pepper, and olive oil for the outside marinade. Leave in mixture for at least hours. I did feel I should have added more brown sugar for a better blackened coating, but it all tasted wonderful.

Once on the grill I continued to baste the mixture on the chicken. It was wonderfully moist in spite of how the picture  above may appear. I could see doing this marinade on many other things. I could see chorizo stuffed inside hamburgers!

I have to remember to post this macaroni salad recipe, a simple one, since it was a big hit at my Memorial Day BBQ. By the way, I turned 50 last week, and wanted to thank many of you for your Birthday Wishes you passed my way...I am in the club now!

My comments will remain off since I found it very freeing. I do miss hearing from the readers, but see many of you on facebook and twitter each week. Summer is a busy time for me with writing and friends, as well as my sister coming for a few months. We will be running around, and I barely have time for my work in the professional kitchens which employ me. If you are thinking of turning off your comments, do it. We can still visit each other, I still read many of your posts each week, or when you add new posts, commenting when I can.