Tuesday, June 9, 2009

A Storm Is Brewing...

So is the sweet tea, thunder storms and tornados, and one heck of a good time!


Our trip here in the land of heat and humidity is going well. My friend, her husband, and mine have laughed so much it hurts! I have cooked four times so far, and they are loving it!












'I was excited to find a waffle maker under her counter, since I do not own one...'


Only a few photos though? Well I am distracted, and the camera was in my brief case, but finally I got up early to make some breakfast for everyone. So I made waffles with blueberries and amaretto pecans, and then biscuits with sausage gravy. I tried to keep it light, and I know how can this be light? We are having a Costa Rican party on the weekend, and had eaten heavy the past few days. Keeping it simple is what I should say.
























Before I moved to St. Louis I had worked with some top chefs around Dallas. We also belonged to a chef association, and met for our meetings each week. Most of them ran their own restaurants, or worked for top country clubs around the area. One of whom I adored was Morris Salerno.

















'Homemade waffles made from scratch...ain't nothin like 'em!



















His restaurant, The Grotto, has been successful for over fifteen years. He greeted my friends and I last night with open arms; it was good to talk and see him. Everyone enjoyed their steak dinners. Yep, no photos of dinner. Between talking, drinking, and eating; I barely remembered to take these photos!

























My friends... Cheryl, Me, and Donna Kay...

















...and we are on the back of Donna's new convertable...she likes her cars like her men...
fast and hot! You will have to come over to my TMI blog later to see the real action in this car!
















Cheddar biscuits and sausage gravy...mmm mmm mmm good!



















Now that our plates are empty it is time for me to get back into the kitchen...