Sunday, November 9, 2008

Bourbon Napa Cabbage Rolls



If you follow my blog you read about my discussion with my sister about what to do with the pork loin and Chinese cabbage my hubby picked up for me to cook. I did not want to make the usual rice wine vinegar, or other Asian recipes like kimchi...Well I will give her credit for the spark that lead me to this dish tonight, see there lil' sister I love ya! (Vegan/Vegetarian Version- see below)


House made Chorizo as taught to me by a south American friend...


Grass feed none the less from our local market...


...marinated in my hubby's favorite 'five spice formation' recipe...oh, and a shot from one of my prized bourbon bottles...and a little shot for moi...


Napa or 'Chinese' cabbage...chop, chop, chop, chop, chop...chop!


My favorite bamboo skewers...saves more trees...


...spread out the sauted chorizo, onion, cabbage chop mixture on bottom...nudging them into the bottom to meld with sauce...giving room for heat to cook pork loin steaks...bake

NOTE:I only serve the rolls on the snow peas, because I am using the bottom mixture for the next nights meal...stir fried rice...
UPDATE: I lied, I made soup, by adding fish stock, small chop potatoes, talapia, and madras powder...


...and don't forget to spoon some of the bourbon butter gravy on top!




AFTER DINNER NEWS: Look at the perfect pink of the tenderloin bite...with a nice suttle New Zealand Shiraz

VEGETARIAN/VEGANS-
I make TVP chorizo for my vegetarian clients and would just make a loaf with this recipe in mind...bake...slice, and wrap in cabbage...following the same recipe concept.