Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Election Night Tacos


I had a hard time pulling myself off this darn computer today, and cook up some dinner. My consulting job is keeping me pretty busy these days, although I feel like I should have a degree in psychology sometimes. Last night I pulled out some fish fillets from the freezer, ready to make a curry, and realized I am out of onions. No potatoes, or anything that would make it hearty for our election night meal.

Hmmmmmmmmm, as I look into the fridge...spinach wraps, salsa I made a few days ago, cheese...okay we are having fish tacos, ole!

I am not crazy about frying anything, just shallow oil like when I cook for my Indian employer each week...but how about a new twist on the outside coating?



This one is for you gluten free eaters!



Can you just smell that...a shake of garlic, pepper, sea salt, and then dipped into the buckwheat pancake mix...and into the frying pan baby!



Just add some salad, cheese, salsa, sesame seeds and pepitos (pinon nuts) to add a crunch! All prep and cooking time cost me only thirty minutes away from the computer...take that Rachel Ray!!!

Cooking the fish in the buckwheat flour gave it a nice flavor and brown coloring on the outside; along with the added crunch and texture of it all was a thumbs up from the boss tonight!