Sunday, November 23, 2008

Sweet & Sour Meatballs

Ahhhhhh I ate processed food that included canned ingredients...and I liked it!

My friend proceeded to tell me that they were made with only three ingredients I would have never approved of (because I do not eat them)...the group gets together once a month...this time someone else cooked, and I contributed very little...

Many people or friends either try to over impress me with cooking over the top ingredients, or some just don't cook. A secret wish is to have someone come over and cook for me once a week, so I can relax...not shop, prepare, cook, or clean up...have a glass of wine, and I got my wish...but wait till you hear what she told me was in the sweet and sour meatballs:

1 can cranberry sauce
1 jar Heinz Chili Sauce
2 pounds frozen meatballs

Place all in a crock pot; cook on high for thirty minutes and serve

I am not sure what got to me the most...my dislike for canned cranberries or the what might be in the processed frozen meatballs, since I cook organic and from scratch. She also made chicken pot pie from scratch (so she says, lol, no I trust this girl!), with biscuits on top. My hubby loves that and it is one of my favorite comfort foods.