Friday, November 21, 2008

Top Chef- BTW

I decided to watch this seasons 'Top Chef', so did anyone else watch it this week? Normally competitions bother me, since I myself feel bad for the anyone under pressure, and something being filmed...I was in one myself once, and they never really show what happens...

I do agree that many of them were not creating 'New' American cuisine, and just sticking to their comfort zones...like (Jill or was it Leah)...the Ostrich egg could have been a winner if she had thought...or did she think...with her 'duh, I guess I thought I was being creative making quiche', do not cook with something that you at least might have some idea of what the ingredient's possibilities are... I felt she also wasted a perfectly good piece of 'future' art work cracking into that egg like she was an anthropologist cracking into a rock looking for fossils. She deserved to go...next time BS and say "using the ostrich egg gave my dish a certain...flair"...

The guy (Hosea) who used can crab meat in my opinion should have walked out with her...did he not taste his dish before he served it, nor did he really look at the 'fresh' seafood counter to see what he could have replaced it with. I see so many chefs and cooks make food in restaurants and they do not taste what they are sending out to the tables!

Is this on next weeks menu, and do we really want to try it???