Tuesday, March 31, 2009

B'inglish Langauge & Another good read!

My word verification a few days back for Girlichef was B'inglish...and you know what? I do feel it belongs in our foodie dictionary. We foodies who blog, speak our own language, and if it had a name I think it would be B'inglish. Or is it a cult following? I looked it up and could not find a definition, so I guess if we use it enough it will show up in the dictionary...

B'inglish- internet blog writers language that is interjected with a splash of wisdom and love...

This reminded me of how I love ChefBliss and her six word post...She came up with and announced a new word for us- blogcruising...



















I over heard my hubby one night laughing and laughing. I came down stairs to see what was up. Had he started the movie with out me? "No" he said, as he held this book in the air... After reading a review somewhere, he had ordered it for me and somehow found himself reading it.... I picked it up one morning recently before my evening shift, and read the entire book without even stopping for lunch!

HELLO You hold in your hands a gastronautical questbook, a practical guide for the adventurous cook and a personal journey through the crazy, twisted, mixed-up world of food. If you see it as a manual for culinary show-offs, I can live with that. I just want to encourage you to play with your food... (intro word for word)

Author Stefan Gates goes on to explain more on the reason why he wrote this wacky, funny, and down right silly at times guide... I feel the look into his world of experimental gastronomy; a gastronaut's toolbox, cannibal recipes, cooking with aftershave, and much much more is worth the read! Especially if you want a great conversation piece to lay out on the table when other foodies or friends come over. You simply explain that you now belong to a new group...gastronaut's anonymous...

Next post...I am not sure, as of this moment I found out I have had walking pneumonia and told to stay in bed for the next three days as I have asthma and need the meds to kick in! So, I may be blogcruising when I feel up to it; other wise just not doing a whole lot of nothing else but bed cruising...