Sunday, March 1, 2009

Roasted Red Pepper-Goat Cheese Stuffed Cabbage















Aren't these colorful? I needed an easy party food idea, and since I was already making my 'Untidy Joseph' slider recipe with the buffalo meat, I just cooked up some brown rice, and blended them together. Softened up some mini Savoy Cabbage leaves in a hot water bath for about 10 minutes and into a cold water bath, and then stuffed them.















Once I covered them in the roasted red pepper puree with added goat cheese, I popped them into a hot 475 degree oven for about 20 minutes to brown...














Let them cool a bit, and place small toothpicks into them at an angle and place them on a platter...they do not fall apart at all!

The combination of flavors of the buffalo, rice, crunch of the cabbage along with the roasted red pepper and goat cheese were a big hit!

I am not going to take credit for the Roasted Red Pepper Puree and Goat Cheese since I have seen it in the Market, but man could it stand on its on as a dip or sauce, and bet it would be nice over some steak, or chicken with a side of pasta or rice!

Roast red peppers and peel the charred skins off, and then puree with some garlic cloves, salt and pepper, and a shot of apple cider vinegar or your vinegar choice...crumble goat cheese...

Funny, but when I was writing this, I thought I would keep it short and sweet, since I do over indulge in the blabber most of the time, but Donna-FFW @ mytastytreasures passed this along, and she got it from one of my other friends, Reeni @ Cinnamon Spice & Everything Nice, here you have to reveal 10 things about yourself.. and pass it along... Debra @ Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History passed it along to me and I wear it proudly Donna, and will add your name under hers for thinking I am worthy of Honest Scrap! Go check them out if you have not, they are all great reads!

  1. My favorite number is numbers like 3, 5, 7, 12...some biblical, and others because I have mentioned before Asian beliefs feel it is like a balance of nature to plate food in this manner.
  2. I know more ways than anyone to eat a banana. This.. I just am speechless...but sure she means in a banana split, smoothie, or cream pie kind of things, right?
  3. I want to dress like Wonder Woman and walk through YOUR neighborhood. I was hired to be a guest chef at a Pillsbury event, and ended up being paid more money to dress up in the Dough Boy costume...see below...
  4. Alton Brown of the cooks on Food Network intrigue me he is the Bill Nie of the old PBS Science show and I have a thing for smart men, married one! The quiet and smart ones :)
  5. My favorite songs are Tom Petty, On Top Of The World, first wedding dance to this, and Titanic Song by Celine, my daughter learned to play it in piano lessons from her uncle to surprise me, but he played it at her memorial, so sentimental...and any type of music.
  6. We had a dog once that only did no-no things in hubby's closet, so once I rolled up a brownie and placed it in his office and my son and I were rolling in the floor laughing when we heard him find and and start raising his voice at the puppy, but we saved her...
  7. I don't own more lingerie than Victoria Secret has in stock. Don't own any...
  8. My FFH and I only use our BIG Rolls Royce immersion blender for soup, and soup alone.. Sorry, it is in a box, because I have not counter space, so all done by hand...
  9. I like to squeeze my own lemons. I don't need a juicer Same here...
  10. You can not make a sauce out of edible panties. hummmm, you know this chef!
Because Reeni is so sweet, and I love her food here are 10 more things just for her.. Donna said, but for fun Chef E will answer these too...
  1. I LOVE Uggs and flip flops. I do not like the strap between my toes, so I prefer slip on, and hubby says Uggs are so 90's, but my friend Gen has a pair and I secretly want some...
  2. I can not get through one morning without my looking at all my websites, then I go to work.
  3. I have 2 children and I wanted more, but hubby said he liked the fact I had a few already, and he wanted us to just be together one day so we could travel and eat good food...I do love kids though and would babysit if asked...I help my client with her two for years...
  4. One of my most favorite things to do is go to garage sales. LOVE them, and antique stores!
  5. I love Bloody Marys Sunday Mornings, Mojitos in the summer, spiked hot chocolate in the winter, and shots of Baileys at any time. A good single malt Scotch, or Nutty Irishman, yes it is a drink! Otherwise I married him...
  6. Every Mothers Day weekend , I start my garden, grow lots of herbs, loads of veggies. I used to for twenty years, until we moved to NJ and I have no yard, but I may do herb pots...
  7. I need a new hairdo.. Ive had the same one almost, since high school.I cut my hair short two years ago and it looked like a rock star with highlights, but my hairdresser quite, so I let it grow, but I want a new one again too...
  8. Eating honey roasted peanuts while I watch 24 and Greys Anatomy, and ER is a must! My new 'snack' food is Puffins Cinnamon, or Rice cereal, because they crunch and are gluten free...you get used to them, oh and DARK chocolate while watch my DVR shows like Dr Who, Physc, Monk, and a new one Secret Diary of a Call Girl
  9. I miss my Dad who passed when I was 19. He was a firefighter too. I miss mine too, because we used to go fishing together and would spend hours in his boat just quiet and enjoying the outside, but now hubby and I fish each year, and I talk about my childhood memories of it, and value that I learned how to clean, gut, and cook the fish...
  10. My FFH is my best friend, and he has brilliant oral skills. I am glad he too brushes regularly, fresh breath is important! *wink*
Yes this is me in the summer of 2006, in downtown Dallas when Pillsbury launched their 'Perfect Portion' biscuits...I cannot remember what country singer this is with his wife, but you can just say I had my own private air conditioner that kept it fluffed up and cool inside, and they are tall, I am only 5'4" tall, see the feet are scrunched...I just had to go 'Hehehehehe' when someone poked my tummy! Not too different than I really am in person!