Thursday, March 5, 2009

Friday Food Journaling, Friendship & Chili Promises
















I have to say the past week has been the hardest for me in my eating healthy journey, because I have mastered making smaller dinner portions for hubby and I. Finding myself hungry after nine o'clock at night lately is killing me...Thank goodness I do not keep snacks, or quick and easy foods to eat handy...well, I do have hummus, but hubby ate all the bread I had made. I was even too lazy to get up and whip up a few tortillas like I am capable of doing...

While at my clients house yesterday, as always she says "Eat something, or drink, how about some Chai", and I said "Now, now you know I want to get back to the size I was when I started here four years ago", and she smiled. I sat down and helped her son work on his school work, that is until he ask about fractions...let's make a pie and learn a good lesson in fractions!















I did not buckle under the pressure, but man is it hard! We re-negotiated our working relationship, and I am hoping, (son put your hands over your ears!) she will decide to have another baby so I can practice being a grandmother for the future. If you go over to my TMI site you can read about what has transpired in the past year that has brought us so close together...

I have learned so much about the Indian home kitchen through her, and boy it is great how friendships and food can bring people together!














Which leads to the 'Chili Promises' part of this blog...

After hubby got home and checked the mail I saw a box on the counter, and saw its sender's name...Thanks Doggybloggy! I loved all its contents, and glad he enjoyed his 'Pass' to the Food Show I gave him for this past weekend. I could not make it, and wanted someone who lived in NYC to have the free VIP Pass...he is probably more passionate about food than I...Really???

I have to go now and already thought of a great way to use a few of his ingredients and will post that tomorrow in a 'Stuff this Chick' recipe and blog...