Saturday, March 7, 2009

Crab Souffle Sunday- Intern Nightmares
















'I am proud that I puff up so nicely...I am talking about my souffle!'

After a foiled 'Souffle Saturday' meal by way of missing cream that had been inspired by a post on Friday involving egg salad, crab left from a 'Vintage Seafood Casserole' post, and hubby's desire for a quite complicated dish...the word 'Souffle' rang out...

You can imagine when I have a menu planned out days in advance that goes array, and a private cooking student/intern showing up on my door step a few days later, you can imagine what my day was going to be like. Ang was a trouper and stuck it out for the whole eight hours of cooking, cleaning, cooking, eating, cleaning and repeat...I had to take it out on something or is it someone?

We made Thursday's lesson in Stock 101, Saturdays Crab Souffle, dessert, and Sunday's meal all in one very long and intense afternoon, but she walked away more than happy!

Crab Souffle Mise en place...














I have to admit it was nice having someone in the kitchen helping, but hey she is learning from the best *crazed laughter*...and I seem to remember the students cleaned up in Culinary School?














...egg yolks, flour, spices (doggybloggy chili mix), cream, and stir, and stir, and...














...stir in the crab...fold in the egg whites; pour into butter ramekins, and bake...
















...and the recipe said 'Six Servings'...yeah right...we could have feed the neighbors souffle for days...so we just dumped the large quantity into this large casserole dish...







'If my intern/student, Ang can do this; then she can handle my rigorous training...'


The next post involves a 'Peanut Butter Cheesecake Crepe' and its Chocolate Pretzel sidekick...