Friday, March 13, 2009

Some Like It Hot!















Yep its peppers stuffed with corn souffle and chicken topped off with cilantro sour cream and cheese, but it all adds up to one spicy bite in my books.

Looking for new ideas to 'one up' my last recipe/food related post, I was intending to stuff these pretty babies with some well seasoned rice, but then that light bulb goes off in my head and I thought 'Sweet'...corn souffle with some of the dried chilies I got in the mail from another blog follower, so now add shredded chicken and you have a meal in one...














I guess the sun coming out today, and seeing this platter I forget about under the cabinet makes me want spring to get here ASAP! So grab some Pablano, Anaheim, Rocotillo or even tomatoes (faint of heart) that are big enough to stuff, make a small slice on the bottoms for a base...














Pepper warning, even the big ones have a Scoville Scale rating of...500 to 2500, so make sure that if the peppers have been sitting around for a few days longer than planned clean out the membranes and seeds well, because they will still have a bite for those who like it on the milder side of the border...and when they steam with the moisture it will bring out the heat...














This photo reminds me of how I love art out takes on life and food...this clean green shot could be my contribution to St. Patty's Day coming up next week...feelin' a wee bit Irish right about now...














This was the first time I have filled peppers with something that expands, so be modest or you will have overflow like you see upper hand right... The peppers will soften somewhat with the moist filling, but once you start to see a good brown color, get them out and do not cover or you will have a steam pile of not so pretty...

I had enough stuffing left for two vine ripe tomatoes. Cut into the tops wide enough to fill at an angle inward, then scoop out with a spoon, and they will collapse more than the peppers.














Watch the face when you open the oven door...whewwwwww the eyes...plate them up with some salsa and lime goodness...top them off with your favorite garnish and you are good to go!














Sweet Chicken Corn Souffle Stuffed Peppers

3 chicken breast cooked in a can of Chili diced tomatoes, fire roasted, shred

1 box jiffy corn muffin mix
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup white sweet corn
1/2 cup heavy cream
4 tablespoons maple syrup
pinch of smoked chili powder
pinch of garlic
pinch of dried green chilies
salt/pepper to taste

Mix well; set aside.

Layer the bottom of the peppers with some shredded chicken, and top off with souffle. Do not over stuff or they will expand up and out when cooking.

Take two tablespoons chopped cilantro and mix with 1/2 pint sour cream and let sit for garnish.

I could hardly wait and picked one up by the stem and dunked it into the salsa, and like I said its not for the faint of heart...I live for the heat, and there is a cold beer waiting...

On another 'hot and spicy' note, my husband got a pat on the back at work and recently promoted, so I am sending him out a shout of congratulations, and he has been working very hard the past months with traveling and late work hours...I love to spoil him with good food and sweet hugs! It helps when couples support each other in our work...