Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Sugar Free Pumpkin Pie

I posted this before I left MO a few days ago and noticed no one has even checked it out??? Could it be because we are burnt out on pumpkin? Maybe no one wants to eat healthy? Or is it because the word 'Sugar Free' sounds like it might not be tasty?

Well...I decided to share with you that so many of us out there are over weight, or are suffering from diabetes like my friends husband, and that I have been using organic and natural sweeteners like Maple Syrup for me and clients for many years now and they love it! So think of it this way...substitute some natural things in your recipes at least once, and let your taste buds get used to the natural way of eating mother earth's sweeteners!


While visiting a friend, I was asked to teach her how to make a few of my easy pie recipes. When I bake pumpkin or sweet potato I usually use Maple Sugar, but then found out her husband was diabetic, so she handed me a bottle of what I thought was regular honey, and then realized I went sugar free on this one. Wes was happy that he could eat some, and Rhonda loved the fact they were so easy to make and tasted good!

Sugar Free Pumpkin Pie

1 Can Libbey's Pumpkin Puree
2 Eggs
2 T Pumpkin Spice (I like more clove flavor, so I add a tint'sy bit of that too)
1/2 pint Heavy Cream
1/2 cup Honey Tree's Sugar Imitation Honey (made with Stevia), or 1/2 cup Maple Syrup

Blend well and place in 9" pie crust and bake 50 minutes

Optional: Top with sugar free whip topping