Sunday, December 14, 2008

Vegetable Beef Soup



Lindy (Aaron's Ex...still friends after broke up), Mike, Owen, John, Amy, Chuck all came over around and said they wished I would cook something good again. I did not feel like going to the store, so between them all we scrounged up meat, veggies, and some bread to make a nice bowl of Vegetable Beef Soup. Not enough bowls, so I had mine in one of my parents old dinner coffe mugs I passed on to him.

It is cold outside, and this was a nice hot comfort food...a hearty meal anytime!


1 lb stew meat, small pieces
I had to feed quite a few people so I had to stretch the meat and cut it into tiny pieces, but it was full of vegetables...
1 bag of frozen corn
1 pag of frozen peas
1 red onion, finely chopped
3 carrots, peeled, rinsed and small chop
1 large can of peeled/diced jalapeno tomatoes
1 box (sugar free) beef stock
1 bottle of Guiness

brown onions and beef; add half stock and Guiness; cook for 10 minutes on medium heat to tenderize the beef; add rest of stock and extra water- all the frozen veggies and tomatoes; cook at least half an hour. This is better the next day, but they all wanted it right then and there.