Monday, June 27, 2011

Pear Port Tart

















One of my fellow water aerobic pals told me about this dessert she discovered which could be made in one pan, and once cooked it tasted wonderful. Hubby loves pears, so I decided to try it. However I marinated the pears in port and a squeeze of lemon the night before. Reducing the port over heat and drizzling it on the tart before serving.

PEAR TART

from Parade Magazine

Melt 4 1/2 T butter in pie dish at 350 (5-8 min)

Whisk together
3/4 C flour (I use half whole wheat pastry and half unbleached white)
3/4 C sugar (I use 1/3 C)
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
(I also add 1 tsp cinnamon)

Add 3/4 C milk
1 1/4 tsp vanilla

Whisk until smooth.
Pour batter over hot butter.
Top with 1 1/2 C diced pears

Bake 45 min. until browned.

My little sister is in town for a month, graduation party, beach combing and a Long Island winery tour, so this is a quick one!