Friday, August 2, 2013

Tatortot Casserole-- Easy andQuick













A bacherlor poet friend as me about any quick and easy ground beef recipes and here is what I came up with-- t's a good man's meal, you should try it.

Brown 80 lean ground beef with red onion and seasoning: garlic powder, salt and black pepper, paprika (don't over brown). Pour into a baking dish, spread some grated cheese, any will do, I use mexican blend, and spread tator tots on top, as thick as you want on all, but equal. 

Pour one half jar of Alfredo sauce, or can of cream of mushroom (original recipe calls for this, and I would thin it out with a few T of beef broth first) over tator tots; sprinkle more cheese, and bake 375 degree oven for 40 mins or less. Should be bubbly and brown on top. 

This was a fav of my daughters over her 1st choice ground beef pasta and red sauce. I only had Alfredo, barely a 1/4 jar and added beef broth, shook jar well, and added 1/4 cup almond milk with a bit of flour to thicken. 

As you can see it was perfect.