Sunday, February 22, 2009

Gluten Free Chocolate Sunday
















Dee @ Texas to Mexico wrote about her hubbies favorite brownies, and Sunday is my beef and brownie splurge day...she shares a Smoking Chipotle Brownies and I put my twist on it by using quinoa flour, maple syrup and organic ingredients in place of hers, but go check her site out...I love the music that plays while I read her post!












Recently I tried a mole recipe, and still am not quite the pepper and chocolate sauce over chicken fan I should be, but putting it in some brownies, well...what wouldn't taste good in a brownie? My Peanut Butter Stuffed Jalapenos might have gotten better reviews if I have stuffed chocolate in them like I had planned, but that got foiled when I notice hubby ate the chocolate bar I had tucked away, cause he thought it was free eats...









Someone who once owned a bakery in Texas passed these molds on to me years ago, and I just never have thought about using them till I wanted a molten cake like shape for these brownies...oil and dust them with flour and wait until they are completely cooled (freezer helped) before trying to pop them out...









Place some batter into the pan and then place chocolate pieces with ancho chili paste in the center, and then cover with more batter...normally the recipe makes 12 each, but using these is only 6 each...invite company over to help eat them! Oh, and place on a cookie sheet to bake...












While they are in oven I dance around to the song 'Don't Rock The Boat'...a little kitchen prayer so my cakes will not fall... These came out like little souffle perfections!















See the chocolate and ancho center to the left of the caramel? Just add some whip cream and you have your selves a Sunday Brownie feast, but I cannot have dairy... Sorry! I'm so bad, but who said we cannot have dessert before dinner?



What is for dinner you said? Spicy Beef Short Ribs and Sun dried Tomato Collard Green Barley