Thursday, February 12, 2009

...more Wrap...but raps of a different kind...















Okay you know when you saw this it was not going to be a regular old wrap right?

It is one of two I have knocked off my desire for finding ways to 'wrap' my lips around tasty ingredients...and the next few will be snappy versions of the bread I cannot have...

Bibb Lettuce is a bit pricey, but the iceburg alternative is not green or tasty enough for me. The spread includes mango with sunflower seeds, baby corn, bean sprouts, red onion slivers, soba noodles, and baby scallops marinated in a chili lime oil and then sauted with lemon grass (soaked and stored in warm water to soften). Stuff these for a fulfilling meal was a highlight for this chef and her hubby!

I wanted tacos after making a Blue Corn Truffled Egg Wrap for my lunch...

Chili Lime Marinade

In a small bowl, mix chili flakes that have been kept in cilantro oil, garlic, and lime juice; whisk and set aside to meld. Use as Marinade or sauce for finale...














Yummy dinner for two...















Did I say an array of stuffing?















A closer look at the chili lime & lemon grass scallops?




















A few more stuffing's and some ginger soy dressing...
















...here I made one for you...mango and soba noodles!


I will post more of 'Its A Wrap' Saturday, I have a Date with hubby Friday night...