Monday, February 23, 2009

Lemon Caper Chicken Pizza- GF















I will blame a recent blog post somewhere on my pizza craving, and had already planned Lemon Caper Chicken for our dinner...my lemon idea came from a post on 'Fresh' @ boychefgirlwonder...their description of their 'fresh' sandwich lunch reminded me of a trip into NYC, and a quick dash into a deli around the corner from hubby's sisters on the upper east side...it had slices of delishious thin, thin slices of lemon atop a veggie cibatta bread dream...














I like the oven view...anticipation is keeping me waiting...but letting the heat out man...

Unsure I could get a close taste resemblance to the lemon craving or even bread until I can experiment with the flour I have bought, but I got as close to a real pizza crust tonight! I just used what ingredients I had, and those darn capers that have been waiting in the fridge from the last lemon chicken recipe...yep I forgot to add them until after I posted...we cannot neglect capers right? So what if we make mistakes right...we live...we learn...

I will prove the theory wrong that gluten free pizza crust is not as inedible as it seems...do not buy frozen, make it yourself! My experimental bread, doughnut, brownie, and cookie making lately have been satisfying my need, but adding some herbs, garlic and truffle oil to the crust made this post over the top!

I par-cooked some chicken breast in garlic, Italian herbs, and lemon juice...shredded it...made the crust, rolled it on the pan...baked it for about 7 minutes to firm up, and then covered it with capers, the chicken, lemon wedges that had been fried previous (they will be bitter otherwise), some cheese...and baked it at 450 degrees for 20 minutes...















Toss some sliced asparagus into a hot pan of truffle oil and you have yourself another healthy side dish...but hey those capers rocked this slice tonight!