Sunday, February 15, 2009

Its a Sweet Wrap! GF
















This is my final wrap post for a while, and thought it would be fun to end it with a 'Sweet' theme since Valentines went past, but of course I did not make it in time due to a busy schedule this week gone by...

5 Star Foodie told me that her daughter Hannah was eating chicken quesadilla's for dinner a few nights ago, and then announced she wanted a sweet wrap for dessert. So she came up with some ingredients she had and thought about my 'Wrap' post...

here is what she made along with a recipe...you will see my version in a gluten free form...














Chocolate Kirsch Cherry Wrap

4 small whole wheat wraps or 2 large wraps
2 ounces of chocolate
2 tablespoons of whipped cream
1/4 cup cherry preserves or cherry pie filling
Splash of Kirsch

Directions:

In a double boiler, melt chocolate. Add cream and stir continuously for a few minutes. Add cherries and a splash of Kirsch and stir well. Let the mixture cool a little bit.

Spread the chocolate cherry filling in the center of the wraps and roll the wraps up. (optional) Top with whipped cream and/or chocolate syrup.














For mine I made a filling jam out of frozen cherries, cocoa powder, raw sugar, and dessert winein a hot pot till it thickens; set aside to cool down...




















I also took dried cherries, crushed (demolished) almonds, cocoa powder, and a dessert wine, and then folded it into the last of the GF wrap batter, and baked them...but you could not wrap them like the others, I put way too much gooey goodness in these...(they look rather like extremely large cookies), but they still tasted yummy!

Deciding that my dosai recipe works better for crepe like wraps that hold a filling and roll up better than the last batch...















Like the plate? Reminded me of animal print and how Valentines Day is suppose to be about the 'Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr'...