Saturday, June 27, 2009

How Sweet It Is...






















There has been so much to do while I am in Texas...as a matter of fact my friend and I are heading out to a huge restaurant and chef's expo in downtown today. Lots of food, wine, and friends will be there. Yes, I took a three week vacation...






















I insisted that many of them either come over to share a meal, or I have gone by their house for a visit. I felt that there is no way I could meet everyone out to eat as they had wanted...


















My friend Cheryl and I have had fun cooking so many meals together, and especially the sweet treats...


















She likes to bake, so the plan is to make some yummy White Chocolate Macadamia Cookies. I had seen this bottle of Mexican Vanilla in her pantry, so we pulled that out for our mise...
























She says she wishes she had time to go and take some pastry classes. Cheryl likes to bake, and I like to cook the main meals, so we have a good friendship!


















Get Your Mise Together:

White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies

(Makes 36 small cookies, or 18 large cookies- we decided the smaller cookies worked best)

Ingredients:

1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
- all ingredients organic or natural
1 lg. egg
1 tsp. vanilla
1 1/4 cup flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
3/4 cup macadamia nuts
-between her and I there were a LOT more of these!
1 cup white chocolate chips

Preparation:

Mix butter with sugars until lumps are gone. Add ingredients in following order:

egg, vanilla, flour, baking soda and salt.

Mix until creamy. Stir in macadamia nuts and chips.

Use a scoop and drop cookies on an un-greased baking sheet...


















Bake at 375 degrees for 10 to 15 minutes



















I also stuck some caramel pieces in the center of the last batch...



















Sorry Maxie...this cookie is mine!