Monday, March 1, 2010

Things We Long For












Today I want to share this wonderful chocolate that you can order online, Chocster.com. The website is fun; it reminded me of a game where you pick your hero- Dark, Semi-dark, Milk, or White Chocolate, and then add armor sweet, savory, nuts, or decorative tops for each bar!

So many fun and crazy toppings, and when it arrives it comes with this cute bite taken out!

You go check it out!

Hubby liked the white chocolate I picked out for him with goji berries.

I ordered five bars of mixed toppings, and it was hard to stop myself from wanting more!

What are the benefits of eating chocolate?

What is it that makes chocolate so irresistible?

A large part of chocolate's allure, of course, lies in the taste - a deliciously rich concoction that satisfies the most intense craving. But several chemical reactions are also at work. For one thing, chocolate stimulates the secretion of endorphins, producing a pleasurable sensation similar to the "runner's high" a jogger feels after running several miles.

Chocolate also contains a neurotransmitter, serotonin, that acts as an anti-depressant. Other substances, such as theobromine and phenylethylamine, have a stimulating effect. However, the truth is that scientists are still not positive how the over three-hundred chemicals contained in chocolate make us feel so good.

Why do I like chocolate? Well I like dark bitter chocolate because of the intense flavor. To me it is almost as enjoyable as those who love coffee. My favorite of the five bars I purchased from Chocster.com...was the Dark Chocolate bar with Wasabi Pea!

I am also planning on making something fun with one of the bars, but with the snow hitting us again over the weekend, and then today being a special day, I am taking a few days off to catch up.








Anelisa Diane Dillion 3/1/86-7/14/00