Sunday, February 1, 2009

Chili Cheese Fries


Cut up some Yukon Gold...heated up some cilantro grape seed oil...got a craving for something semi-junk, and playing around with flavors...infused some oil with chili paste for added bite...

I bet you came running over here to see what in the world I am doing making Chili Cheese Fries when I am suppose to be eating healthy and all...well, I soaked these in water after cutting them up, and believe you me I wanted mashed potatoes with truffle oil after reading Greg @ Sippitysup's blog about how the infused truffle oil is a farce with their added flavor and not real truffles...

Having an appointment to visit a holistic clinic and nutritionist tomorrow made me change my mind...so with some added chili powder and a sprinkle of peccorino cheese I had myself a few bites, and passed them on to somebody else much younger...plus, they just aren't as good as they looked (that is what I keep telling myself)!