Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Gluten Free Cupcakes

My daughter liked pink as many little girls do, but my favorite is still orange, or citrus, but I thought I would try for valentines...glad he still loves me even when things are not so pretty...

After being so good, I made myself some cup cake treats to keep around that will fit my diet...they can be frozen, and will keep me from eating too many...over that now...The icing turned out pretty, but over all...I will not submit them for an award, but they tasted good...



Gluten Free Nutella Cakes


2 cups rice flour
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup raw sugar
6 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup soy milk (I combined rice and soy milk together)

Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium sized bowl. Add the softened butter and cream together until light and fluffy. Add the egg and vanilla and beat for another minute. Now, alternate the flour mixture and soy milk a little bit at a time. Begin and end with the flour mixture.

When you're done, the batter will be a bit like cream of wheat. Do not worry if this resembles cream of wheat cereal, it is supposed to be this way.

Now take a dallop of Nutella and drop it right on the top, and take a toothpick and swirl it down into the center.

Icing

1 cup powder sugar
1 tablespoon butter
1-2 tablespoons soy or rice milk
1 tablespoon sugar free jello (this makes it dry way faster than normal, but does not exactly cause it to congeal, but gave it a nice edge flavor wise)

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Bake for 25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.

I added sugar free cherry jello to the batter so that they would come out pink, and left some with out the nutella...the flavor was interesting together, and kept me from over indulgence...Me bad...