Friday, January 30, 2009

Buffalo Chicken Boats


I wanted to make sure I made something a little traditional for my own household and for my clients, and after seeing Greg @ SippitySup make his own version of truffle potato boat appetizers for a party I decided to once again throw together a CookAppeal, LLC creation!

Kaitlin @ buffalochickendip on foodbuzz.com saw my comment about how I had heard of Buffalo Chicken Dip from some people here in Jersey, but had never tried or made it, so she sent me a gift...Thanks Kaitlin!

I wanted to be able to eat this with my diet changes, a few twists and I turned it into a lower fat dip, but you can go to her site and see the original recipe! The potato boats make it a hearty main course with the added chicken and other ingredients!

Down the hatch maties...and thanks for all the support this past few weeks!

Buffalo Chicken Potato Boats

1/4 cup Frank's REDHOT
1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
2 cans Swanson White Premium Chunk Chicken Breast or 1 large boiled chicken breast shredded by hand (optional, I made with just spinach for the vegetarians)
1/4 cup shredded spinach; cleaned and pat dry

12 small fingerling potatoes; cleaned and scooped (below); rub with oil.

Pick out as many even or stable potatoes as you can. Boil a pot of water, and drop them in, after five minutes turn off the water and remove from heat. In about 15 minutes drain them and slice down the middle, and cut a tiny bit off the bottom to make them sit flat.

Scoop out the inside(save the pieces for making soups)with the small end of the melon baller to fit a good mound of dip into them; bake at 350 degrees in oven thirty minutes or turned golden brown.

I also want to send hugs out to ChefBliss for giving me an award; which I have thought it was so cute and reminds me of myself when I was a kid laying on the hardwood floors drawing and writing away...or playing with my plastic kitchen dishes and fake food my parents bought me for Christmas...


NOTE: I could not keep anyone out of these, once they cooled they were so crunchy and good with the wonderful taste of chicken, blue cheese, and Frank's Redhot...