Friday, January 16, 2009

A Post of Silence

I got news late last night of a woman who worked in my cafe part time who's son was tragically was killed in an automobile accident last night. Veronica is funny, always caring, and would just clean, clean, clean at the drop of a hat for you, and we had some good times all of us in the store together. I know she loved her son very much, and have been told she is grieving to the point that my our co-worker Imani did not even recognize her when she came on the scene.

Since I have personally be affected by the death of a child eight years ago I am very sensitive to 'Any' kind of tragedy in 'Any' of yours or persons I have come in contact too. It is sad to loose someone you love, but loosing a child can change your life forever...

It is hard for others to know what to say to a mother in this situation, but hugs and being there no matter what they ask of you is the sign of true friendship...death is hard to deal with, it opens many wounds in our own lives, but if we walk away with out understanding that simply being there is all one needs to know everyone cares...no words necessary to the grieving...hugs will do...

Security is mostly a superstition.
It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men
as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright
exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.

-Helen Keller

I have posted a few words I felt, and also a poem I wrote when my daughter passed nearly two years had gone by...'A Mothers Heart Speaks Volumes'