Thursday, January 1, 2009

Day 1, Jan- Pizza


Eating pizza out to me is a waste...I have yet to find a place that really impresses me to this day...once before I spoke of my beloved pizza memories at 'Shakey's' from way back. The key to homemade is in the crust and 'gravy' as they say here in Joisey...

Fresh thin crust I made today, and tossed on to the pizza stone...fresh Pomodoro Sauce I canned when tomatoes and basil were in season...fresh chopped spinach and portabello with a sprinkle of cheese...and baked to a crisp 'brick oven' like *crunch*...

Maybe I will build a brick oven on the patio...the neighbors already know I am a crazy chef!

...for example I had monng/muung bean sprouts left, so I added some chilies to the tomatoes, heated it and ate along with some dolmas I had bought at whole foods...amazingly it was tasty together...eating healthy is going okay right now...