Thursday, January 15, 2009

How to ad'Dress a Sandwich

Well one of the places I miss most about Dallas (my old home town stomping grounds every now and then) I want a good, and I said a good twelve inch sandwich. Great Outdoors was the place, and you had better be ready to say...#8 with provolone, add avocado, the works (lettuce, tomato, red onion, sprinkle of oil, vinegar, a shake of oregano and Parmesan)and on whole wheat...please, thank you...

The hubby used to get a...well I am not sure, but it was pressed in the panini machine, and had all sorts of meats and 'the works' was standard with mustard. Yes like many couples we eat differently...I am a little picker than he, but since living abroad as we have I had to learn to swing with the punches, or is that roll?

Well tonight we ate sandwiches, and with yet another Roman movie...and almost the old favorite way with a bit of a creative touch...no left overs, because we ate them for lunch...

Turkey, provolone, on top of the Saffron & fig goat cheese, sliced yellow tomato and a shake of white truffle oil, vinegar & oregano on a whole wheat, and rosemary bread...it was not my 'GO' sandwich, but when I get back to Dallas they are still on my cell phone speed dial...

We finished off the last bowl ofSweet Fruit Saffron Paella...next post...

'Chicken Enchiladas Made with beer and Salsa Verde' & Veggie Fritters