Thursday, January 22, 2009

Dinner, Friends & Meditation


Hubby has business out again, but once a week I get together with my NJ friend Gen, and sometimes she is a guinea pig for my low fat and healthy dishes...hey, she does not mind, and when we are done eating, we are doing a 'Vision Board' project along with meditation book. I also had to cook some more food for a gathering for the friend who lost her son that will take place the next day. I decided to make my famous Hickory Smoked BBQ Brisket, Apple Slaw and tried some roasted Brussel Sprout Curry Salad.

Clean and cut spouts in half. Cut up some red onion, and throw in a few cranberries for color and tart. Sprinkle on some olive oil and some yellow curry powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper to taste and roast for thirty minutes. Let cool and toss in some yogurt, and voila a new creation...not sure what to call it 'Sprout Curry'?

Apple slaw is melding in fridge...that is always better the next day...grate some apples, cabbage, carrots, celery seeds, shake of rice wine vinegar and toss in some veganaise (vegan mayo), or oil and vinegar and you are good to go...

Camera a little out of focus? Well, I was going in for the kill...no bread or buns tonight...low carbs and just plain good ole BBQ taste!