Monday, January 5, 2009

Keeping up with the Jonse'in- Foodie Discoveries 2


Yep, you read that title right...every time I go to one of your foodbuzz site, or the friendly blogs with their pretty photos that I am still mastering, and read the yummy recipes I want some...I want it all...but I cannot cook it all at once...

I have made a 'Foods2Try' list and keep checking it twice...is it me or am I still giddy from the holidays? I have made quite a lot of your dishes, or were inspired by them...so once again Thank You for being out there...

I had not ventured beyond the most typical of the squash family...but I decided it was time to try...that is if I saw some in the market. Dash of Stash- blog about an unusual squash Delicata Squash got me curious, so I ask him where he purchased them...Dash told me that he did not shop at the usual markets...and I as well...

Hubby had a mission to go to the store for me while I worked Sunday...and guess what he brought home for me to cook...I think he reads my mind...and I just told him to bring home some veggies...these are huge, but they do grow very large like Banana Squash...

Thanks Dash for my inspiration...you should go visit his sites...he has a great blog about purchasing the right knives, recipes, and loves many of the top chefs in the world that I do...I am a Celebrity Chef groupie, and have many signed cookbooks...also have worked along side some of them and learned so much!

Another blog on Foodbuzz I sent readers to had posted an adorable video about Brussel Sprouts, and I knocked that one off with this weekends meal as a side dish on 'Cranberry Bog'...go check out SippitySup...it is better than youtube videos!

I tried Pork Roll, that a friend her in NJ eats and I did not like it...too salty and just not for me...and also bought some FuFu Flour posted by Daily Spud (on foodbuzz as well) and am thinking about what to do with it.

Sippity Sup, Dash, and other keep this Chef on her toes...