Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Easy Chocolate Mouse Pie


While visiting a friend, I was asked to teach her how to make a few of my easy recipe pies. After making a sugar free pumpkin because her husband was diabetic I went sort of sugar free on this chocolate, with only two of the components having sugar.

This is also one of my son's favorite, and the mousse can be used in between layers of chocolate cake...I normally am in charge of catering the full menu and rarely bake. I come up with short cuts so that I enjoy a few sweets now and then.

Chocolate Mousse Pie

Bake 350 degrees- Pie crust until golden; set aside to cool

In mixing bowl:

1 Pint of Heavy Whipping Cream
1 Cup Chocolate Milk

-Whip together for about 4 minutes and starts to form bubbles

1 Large Box Sugar Free Jello Chocolate Pudding Mix

-Slowly pouring in the pudding mix and whisking it will start to thicken; do not over whip or it will loose the air.

Place mousse into pie crust and spread in a circular formation; cover and place in refridgerator over night.

Optional: Grated Chocolate Pieces & Whip Cream Topping


Anyone want to lick the bowl?