Thursday, December 18, 2008

LAHIERE'S Since 1919


Returning from a two week visit with my son my hubby announced that I did not have to go grocery shopping the next day...he had missed my cooking and been eating cereal for the past week...

...and that we were eating dinner out...Pronounced Li-her's, a french restaurant in downtown Princeton we have been wanting to visit but our schedules have not allowed...

...I often prefer to cook over spending this kind of money...but who does not like this kind of service, and no dishes to clean...

Risotto with Roasted Duck, dried cranberries, criminis and toasted goat cheese...was very savory all the way around the dish...ask the spoon how abused it was!

Kuroboto Pork Belly "BLT" Sliders with Buffalo Mozzarella...my kind of creativity!

Market Maine Oysters with Balsamic Mignonette...to get you in the mood for what is to come...

Seared Diver Scallops, Potato Pancake, Wild Mushrooms, Grilled Asparagus with the most tangy truffle butter sauce...my spoon kept sliding in every direction to get the last of this sauce...YUM!

Grilled striped Bass, Tomatoes, Shiitakes, Sauce of Clams, Bacon with white wine and creme fraiche...I felt this was like a deconstructed chowder, and had...lots and lots of peas with small tiny potato cubes (micro)in a cream sauce that overwhelmed the grilled fish...did those extra veggies jump on board before they plate left the kitchen??? They were not on that menu reality I like!

Cotes-du-Rhone, 2004, White Wine from France...served from cellar, but was to warm...after thought...we should have ordered a red to pair with the complexity of the dishes...

Just off to the right on Witherspoon, reservations recommended, traditional upscale service, full bar, nice old french decor, full wine list (M-Thurs 1/2 off wine), $$$, and I would return for a special occasion...

Downtown Princeton is all decorated and as you walk dinner off you can window shop...'Oh Santa Baby' Please bring me one of these...my favorite color and if I get lost someone will know what post office to return me to!