Wednesday, December 17, 2008

St Louis Recap, and...


...I can almost see clear through to the next step in my life...

My baby is a man, and learns from his mistakes... (he asked me last night to stay another two weeks!)

I home schooled him, so finally he is in college...

untrustworthy people around him have showed him his own truth...

I am closer to reaching fifty...and

one day becoming a grandmother...(really, I will and can wait)

this trip has come to an end and HELLO...I still got it!

Till either my son comes over to NJ, or I come back to MO...it is on with life and my passions...here are a few relective things I do miss about being in the mid-west and down south...

My beloved 100% real Tex-Mex restaurants...Chimichanga's off Grand...no other pics but this and the margarita glass above, because before I realized I had the camera...it was all gone and good! Hey my friend DoggyBloggy if you read this the queso was not yellow orange, it was real white queso fresco and creamy!!!

Let me introduce you to Flamin Hot Cheetos, Chick-o-sticks, and Zero bars...yes this is real bonifid red neck and poor eatin'...but I am sorry every now and then we just retreat back into a fetal position and say screw it!

A closer peek at what I have to go home and detox from my body...actually I lost weight and only had a taste...the kid ate the rest!

Neighbors that make their own booze, and we drink it from the old mason jars while sitting out on the porch and watching and protecting our neighborhood from being jacked...

A glimpse of 'What Was'...this girl who grew up dreaming of becoming famous and living in Maine...being rescued by my knight...having beautiful children...a home that over looked the ocean(I read too many Victoria Holt books) and full of mystery...

I got it all, but the 'famous' was more on the side of being remembered for telling my long arse stories when you spark my memory, like my Scotch-Irish daddy...so, be careful what you wish for!

...and thanks for putting up with me...cause I will be back!